Type of Business : No Details Found.
Address : No Details Found.
Company : [KOTRA] CHA Fertility Clinic
- Since 2001, CHA Fertility Center Los Angeles (CFC LA) has helped fulfill the dreams of over 10,000 aspiring parents from Southern California and beyond in over 22 countries using the latest in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), preimplantation genetic diagnosis/screening (PGD/PGS), and embryo and egg freezing (oocyte cryopreservation).
- Medical Assistant/Patient Coordinator will work directly with patients and with a diverse team of physician and other staff to ensure that patients receive the most comprehensive care as well as ensuring the smooth daily flow of the clinical practice.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Medical Assistant (50%)
- Check-in patients, review demographic information and correct if necessary.
- See patients in clinic with the physician and performs basic functions such as vital signs, weight, blood draws and injections.
- Assist with retrievals, transfers, pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Preparation of patients undergoing IVF and monitoring subsequent cycles.
- Orders supplies and stocks exam rooms
- Maintain patient charting, testing and flow sheets
Patient Coordinator (50%)
- Assist with translation and overall communication for Korean patients
- Collaborate with physicians in developing and implementing treatment plans/therapies appropriate to individual patients.
- Liaison for both staff and patient to ensure quality medical care and patient service.
- Provide patient counseling and education on pertinent medical issues, treatment, protocols, medications and infertility treatments.
- Ensure all new patient medical records have been received and are available for the patient’s appointment.
- Collect fees for services rendered, any outstanding account balances and deposits for prescheduled procedures.
- Assist to coordinate all aspects of an IVF Cycle.
- Answer patient questions about medication and treatment under direct discretion of the physician.
- Telephone triage patients regarding patient medication, treatment plans and test results.
- Protect the confidentiality of patient and practice information at all times.
- Must be bilingual in Korean/English.
- High School Diploma and Medical Assistant Certification is required.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant or clinic experience in OB/GYN, Infertility, IVF clinic preferred, but not required.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure and fast paced setting.
- Provide outstanding customer service, organization and attention to detail.
- Must have a basic understanding of medical terms and procedures.
- Ability to deal with varied and difficult situations.
- Ability to convey a positive attitude in all dealings with others, whether patients or staff members.
- Familiarity with HIPAA guidelines or ability to learn is essential.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, weekend and/or evenings as needed.